The e-Edition lets you navigate an exact replica of the printed newspaper just as you would the newsprint version. You can flip through pages and skim headlines, view articles, photos, games and comics with the click of a button, and even print out stories and photos in "clipping" format!
The e-Edition lets you navigate an exact replica of the printed newspaper just as you would the newsprint version. Try it out using our demo version. Just click the link below.
Amazon Kindle App
Apple iTunes App
Google Play Android App
Amazon Kindle App HelpAmazon Kindle App Help
Apple Mac App Store HelpApple Mac App Store Help
Google Play Android App HelpGoogle Play Android App Help
Frequently asked questions and answers about our e-edition
Q. What is an e-Edition?
A. Our e-Edition gives you the same great look and experience of your daily newspaper, delivered to your computer every day. Plus, you will enjoy these great, built-in features:
- Zoom in and enlarge stories and photos making them more viewable.
- Search the whole paper in just seconds. You can even print it.
- Listen to the newspaper read in Spanish.
- Share an article by email, blog or on social networks.
- Download and save the paper for offline reading.
- Easily toggle between article view and newspaper view.
Q. What is the difference between the e-Edition and the print edition of and newspaper?
A. The e-Edition replicates every regular page of the print edition including classified and in-paper retail ads. The e-Edition does not include advertising inserts, as not all are available electronically from advertisers. Special sections produced by us are also available.
Q. How much does a subscription to the e-Edition cost?
A. There is not subscription cost to Oregon Coast Today.
Q. How do I access the e-Edition?
A. The e-Edition can be accessed from home, work or on the road; wherever you access the Internet. As a subscriber, you'll always have the current edition of the newspaper at the click of your mouse or on your smart phone or tablet.
Q: How can I subscribe to the email alert for the latest e-edition?
A: To manage your email alerts click on the e-Notify icon at the top of the site once you have logged into your account.
Q: I don't want to receive newspaper e-mail alerts. Is there an easy way to stop these emails?
A: Absolutely. You can click on the "Unsubscribe" link in the actual email you've received.
Q: How do I print an entire page?
A: To print the full page of a publication, click the "double" icon at the top of the page. Select the page you want to print and click the print button along the right side of your screen.
Q: How do I print a story from text view?
A: To print a single article, open the article in text view by clicking on its title; then, click on the print icon in the top toolbar of the text window.
Q: How do I listen to the newspaper?
A: To listen to the newspaper, open the article in text view then click on the speaker icon. This activates the "radio," which automatically starts reading the selected article to you. Articles can be heard in Spanish as well. To do so, translate the article first while in text view, then click on the speaker icon to have it read to you in the new language.
Technical InformationQ. What system requirements do I need before subscribing?
A. Viewing publications online requires no additional software or plug-in installation. It works on Windows and Macintosh systems. However, here are the minimum technical requirements for you to consider:
- The e-Edition is best viewed when your screen is set to a resolution of at least 1024 pixels wide.
- Resolution can be changed on a Windows system by going to the following menu: right-click anywhere on the Desktop background >Properties >Settings
- Resolution can be changed on an Apple OS X system by going to the following menu: Apple Menu>System Preferences>Display
- Resolution can be changed on an Apple OS 8 or OS 9 system by going to the following menu: Apple Menu>Control Panel>Monitor
Q: Parts of the page are cut off on my screen. What can I do?
1 .Click "Start"
2. Select "Control Panel"
3. Double click the "Display" icon
4. Click the tab titled "Settings"
5. Increase the screen resolution to (at least) 1024 by 768 pixels (by dragging the slider to the "more" side)
1. Click the "System Preferences" icon
2. Click "Displays"
3. Choose a screen resolution of (at least) 1024 X 768
Q: I can't see anything loading to my cell phone while I am accessing the mobile version. What do I do?
A: While the mobile version can be easily viewed on the most smartphones and PDA devices, some cellphones might experience difficulty in viewing the site. In order for the mobile version to work properly, your cellphone needs to have full-browser capability. Please contact your cellphone provider to find out more.
General Tablet e-Edition Questions
Q: How can I subscribe and get access to the digital edition?
A: Visit our order form to subscribe and get access to the digital e-Edition.
Q: How do tablet edition subscriptions work?
A: Tablet e-Edition subscriptions are included with your print subscription or online-only subscription.
General iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Questions
Q: I am having general problems with my app.
A: You may need to restart the application by double tapping on the round home button on the bottom front of your iPad. The apps that are running on your device will appear along the bottom row.
1. Hold down the icons until they "shake."
2. Tap on the red circle to close the app and reset your application. This does not delete the app, but just stops it from running.
3. Double tap the home button again to return to all of your apps.
4. Re-open the app.
Q: My app keeps crashing. What can I do?
A: We're sorry to hear that some users are experiencing crashing and download problems on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. For best performance, please shut down any other apps running in the background. If problems persist, please force-quit the app, then re-open it. If you're still having trouble, try turning your device off and then turning it back on. You can also try deleting and re-installing the app. And if none of that works, please let us know.
Q: What is iOS?
Q: What is iOS?
A: iOS is Apple's mobile operating system, which is the software that your iPad runs on. iOS 5 is an update that adds new features and improvements, including changes that affect your e-Edition app. For the latest features, please refer to Apple's website: http://www.apple.com/ios/
Q: How do I update my iPad/iPhone/iPhone Touch to the current iOS?
A: To get the free iOS software update, just connect your iPad to your Mac or PC, open iTunes, and follow the instructions. The latest iOS allows you to update wirelessly. For the latest updates on iOS, please refer to Apple's website: http://www.apple.com/ios/
Q: How can I use my current print subscription to get access on my iPad/iPhone/iPhone Touch?
A: Once you've downloaded our e-edition app, you need to create an account if you haven't already done so on our e-edition website. If you already have an e-edition account, login using that information. If not, create an account and make sure to include your subscriber ID. This can be found on your billing statement or by contacting circulation. Please refer to the e-edition frequently asked section for more information on setting up your account and general e-edition questions.
Q: Does the app cost to download?
A: Both the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch apps are free to download. However, to gain access to the e-Edition issues, you must be a current subscriber.
Q: Do I have to be online to read a digital e-Edition?
A: No. All our digital editions are designed for reading offline once you download the edition. An Internet connection is required for some features, however, and high bandwidth (Wi-Fi) is recommended.
Q: How do I share an article in the app?
A: In article mode, you are able to share the current article you are reading via email, Facebook or Twitter by using the share icon in the lower right of your browser screen.For more tips and help options, please refer to the app's help section located inside the app.
Q: Can I read the e-Edition in different languages?
A: The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch apps are only available in English.
Q: Can I view the e-edition app before purchasing a subscription?
A: Yes. Download the app and click on the “Demo” button on the home screen.
Additional iPad app tips
Ensure you have the latest version of the app. You can check the current version of the app by going to the App store and seeing if there is an update. If you do not see an update, you are on the current version. The app description will also list the current version of your app (on the device) as well as the version available in the app store. If your version listed is different than the store version, we strongly encourage you to update the app.
Ensure you're using the latest version of iOS. This can be done by tapping on Settings, then General, and then About. If you are not on the most recent version, connect your device to iTunes and click on the device's name under the Devices list in iTunes. Click Check for Update to see if there are any updates available. Please note that older devices may not support more recent version of iOS. NOTE: We strongly discourage the use of any beta versions of iOS, as apps are not guaranteed to work with beta versions of the operating system software.
As you use apps and if you are not occasionally powering off the iPad device, the page memory can become increasingly overburdened, resulting in strange app behavior for some apps, as there are less device resources to draw upon. The following suggestions help clear the page memory and give the device a 'fresh' start:
1. Please attempt to completely close the app from your home screen by double-pressing the Home button along the bottom edge of your iPad (if holding in portrait orientation). This will pop-up a small frame along the bottom edge listing all your various open background apps. Tap and hold on the app you wish to close until they begin to shake and a small red circle with a white horizontal line appears in the upper left corner of all the apps listed in the frame. Tap the small red circle to close the app in its entirety. It is suggested that you close all opened apps, but at the very minimum, close the open e-Edition iPad App.
After this has been done, you can attempt to reopen the app. However, if you continue to experience errors, reclose the app and then go to Step #2:
2. Powering off the device occasionally clears up the device's memory, which can become less responsive as you have more apps opened (and even closed). To turn your device off, press and hold the lock key until a slider prompt appears that will state to "Slide to power off". Slide the prompt and wait about 30 seconds before turning on your device again.
After this has been done, you can attempt to reopen the app. However, if you continue to experience errors, reclose the app and then go to Step #3:
3. As a last resort, you may need to uninstall the app and reinstall it. To uninstall an app, tap and hold the app icon while on the home screen until it starts to shake and then tap the black circle with the white X in it to uninstall the app. Redownload it from the App store after you have deleted it. To restore any recurring subscription purchase (if applicable), tap the subscription option that appears on the opening screen of the app and press the Restore iTunes sub. button that appears.
If you continue to experience any issues, please let us know. If possible, please provide your App version, iOS version, generation of iPad (iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3rd gen.), and ID listed in the lower right corner of the login / subscription page of the app.